December 22, 2005
How to not get a project done . . .
This week I was asked to do a specific project. I had been promised no distractions so I could get the work done. It's only a few days worth of work, but somehow getting the time has eluded me.
The week in review:
- Monday - Offsite meeting in morning, afternoon doing midpoint reviews and goal setting with some employees
- Tuesday - developers meeting in morning, another important project ended up taking all afternoon
- Wednesday - remainder of midpoint reviews and goal setting meetings, school holiday party
- Thursday - conference call, release new Tufts OpenCourseWare site
- Friday - long meeting scheduled, early release for holiday?
I have been able to squeeze small pieces of the project in here or there, but now it's Thursday night and there's no chance I'll get it done in one day. Perhaps I can make some significant progress tomorow before and after my meetings. At this point I need to fly like the wind to get things completed, but it's likely that it won't be until next week that I really get going. Unfortunately I have another project like this next week.
Posted by mike at December 22, 2005 8:36 PM