February 14, 2006
What's New with the MySQL Users Conference
Having completed my travel/lodging arrangements for the MySQL Users Conference I decided to poke around and see how things are shaping up. I am pretty excited about what's been put on the presentation list since I last looked. A few items I'm looking forward to seeing (hoping they don't all stack up on the same time slot):
- Dynamic SQL in Stored Procedures - Konstantin Osipov
- Advanced User-Defined Functions in MySQL 5 - John David Duncan
- Measuring MySQL Server Performance for the Sensor Data Stream Processing Jacob Nikom (Boston MySQL meetup attendee)
- MySQL Cluster: New Features and Enhancements (Disk Data, RBR) - Vinay Joosery
- MySQL Partitioning - Mikael Ronström
- MySQL Replication: New Features and Enhancements (RBR) - Lars Thalmann, Elliot Murphy
- Panel: Scale Out - Brian Aker, Dorion Carroll, Jeremy Cole, Jeremy D. Zawodny
- Technorati: Scaling the Real Time Web - Dorion Carroll
- Wikipedia: The Cheap and Explosive Scaling with LAMP - Domas Mituzas, Brion Vibber
Sorry to not provide direct links, all these sessions are a part of a larger list that you should look over for yourself.
That is going to be a great week in Santa Clara.
Posted by mike at February 14, 2006 12:04 AM